GSA 2nd Generation Information Technology Blanket Purchase Agreement (2GIT)
The Second Generation Information Technology (2GIT) Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) contain attributes not found in other IT commodity acquisition solutions within the Federal Government. Further, the 2GIT BPAs are based on direct customer feedback, a signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the U.S. Air Force, and include strategic sourcing attributes such as data collection and reporting.
With this approach the U.S. Air Force has decided to make the 2GIT BPAs a mandatory use vehicle for the replacement of the NETCENTS-2 Products IDIQ contract. Use of Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) BPAs eliminates contracting and open market costs such as: the search for sources; and the development of technical documents and solicitations. These BPAs will further decrease costs, reduce paperwork and save time by eliminating the need for repetitive, individual purchases from the GSA Schedule contract. The end result is a purchasing mechanism for the Government that works better and costs less.
New 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
Solutions supporting the new 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors are now available on Koi Computers’ 2GIT BPA.
The new 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors (code-named “Ice Lake”) are the only data center CPUs with built-in AI acceleration. Other highlights include:
- 1.5X better performance than other CPUs across 20 popular machine and deep learning workloads with a core count increase to 40.
- On average up to 62% better performance on a range of broadly-deployed network and 5G workloads over the prior generation, offering users huge performance increases while maintaining the convenience and compatibility of their architecture.
- For key AI workloads, an up to74% increase in AI performance on the deep learning topology BERT while maintaining full compatibility.
- Support and benefits with PCIe-Gen4 support, increased memory bandwidth, memory capacity up to 4TB per processor/socket and additional AVX-512 instructions.
- Includes Intel SGX for increased protection of data and application code and Intel Crypto Acceleration for encryption-intensive workloads.
- Built on open standards and APIs, with fully optimized software.
- A powerful and flexible portfolio with connectivity, storage, software and oneAPI cross-architectural tools that can further enhance workload optimized solutions.
Innovations in core architecture and memory bandwidth deliver outstanding performance for diverse and challenging applications. With the flexibility, security, capability, and interoperability to power heterogeneous demands, 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors provide effective and efficient platform performance for outstanding utility, predictability, and peace of mind.